Mary K. Kelly, J.D., MBA has over twenty years as a private attorney serving New York State clients in Nassau and Suffolk County. A primary focus of her practice is in the areas of elder law, estate planning, family law, and U.S. Bankruptcy Court  matters. Ms. Kelly is admitted in all New York State Courts and the Eastern District and the Southern District of New York Bankruptcy and Federal District Courts.
Ms. Kelly is sensitive to the needs of her elderly clients who may need long term care and who wish to preserve assets for their children. Many documents used in estate planning overlap with Elder Law planning. These documents include Powers of Attorney, Health Care Proxies Living Wills, Revocable Trusts and Irrevocable Trusts.
Having the aforementioned documents properly prepared and executed helps clients obtain peace of mind. Further Mary works with couples who may wish to adopt or who want to plan for guardianship for their children, or who want to assure their partner is provided for in later years. Most individuals know that keeping a last will and testament and other related documents like living trusts up to date is just good planning.
Another area of practice includes helping clients of all ages as they buy and sell real estate. Further, Mary successfully guides individuals through bankruptcy court, helping them to get the fresh start they need.
Additionally, she enjoys helping entrepreneurs as they establish their first business and working with more mature business owners who look to do succession planning. Her prior employment at IBM Corporation and Thomson (West) Publishing gives her in-depth knowledge of business issues facing small and intermediate size business owners.
Finally, probate and estate administration matters are handled easily and efficiently at The Kelly Law Group, P.C. All services are provided at reasonable costs.
Call to today to schedule a Zoom meeting or in office meeting at a time convenient for you and your family. The initial ½ hour consolation is free, and the overall results of your relationship with The Kelly Law Group, P.C. promises a high return on your legal dollar investment.
- 1998, New York
- University at Buffalo Law School, Buffalo, New York, Class of 1996, J.D.
- Honors: Certification in Taxation Law
- Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, New York, Class of 1983, M.B.A.
- Major: Business
- SUNY Brockport, Brockport, New York, Class of 1974, B.A.
- Thomson Publishing Company, Attorney Editor, 1997 to 2002
- IBM Corporation, Account Marketing Representative, 1980 to 1991
Associations & Memberships
- Suffolk County Women's Bar Association, Member, 2002 to Present
- New York State Bar Association, Member, 2002 to Present
Classes & Seminars
- Using Westlaw, Thomson Publishing, 2001
Areas of Law
- Elder Law
- Estate Planning
- Business Succession Planning
- Probate and Administration
- Asset Preservation
- Personal Injury
- Real Estate